PiTiVi 0.13.5 has been (almost silently) released to the masses. While it doesn’t bring a ton of flashing new features, this release was deemed necessary to address some of the bigger 0.13.4 issues before the final Ubuntu Maverick development freeze. Among other things, it fixes still images (ex: PNG, JPEG, etc.). If you still encounter bugs with those, make sure to report them with steps to reproduce them.
Thus, some of the features we were working on (such as effects) have not been included in this release (because we care about quality).
On that note, seems like Thibault has not blogged in a while, so I’ll give you a little status update: his effects branch is progressing well. The user interface needs a little bit of love and the branch needs testing, but it is mostly there. It will get reviewed and merged and should make it into the next release that will soon follow. If you haven’t tested it already, your feedback on this branch is welcome.
Among the most significant/visible features of 0.13.5 (I’m blatantly ripping off the release announcement here):
- periodic backup of the current project file (it’s missing the remove the backup once we exit part though)
- easy crossfading transitions by overlapping clips
- better icon metaphors for link/unlink actions
- pixel-perfect icons for various toolbar icons
- new “add keyframe” button (and keyboard shortcut)
- the “missing plugins” installer has been fixed
- various performance improvements (less conversions, faster linking)
Shortly after 0.13.5 was released, we could once again hear the distant sound of Alessandro furiously merging patches into the master branch…
Latest posts by Jeff (see all)
- Painting two old friends—Tintin vs Sephiroth - June 11, 2017
- Defence against the Dark Arts involves controlling your hardware - March 18, 2017
- Reviewing the Librem 15 - January 10, 2017