It just occured to me that since I’m on Planet GNOME, I can shamelessly bribe people into fixing bugs in exchange for beer and cheese and whatnot. Wanna get drunk at the Desktop Summit this year? Then please fix these trivial-yet-infuriating usability issues that have been preventing me from using Evolution‘s calendar for years:
- Drag & drop for moving events in the month view (and other views)
- Calendar appointments hard to edit
- “Upcoming weeks” view
If you want to go even further, I would be glad to assist with designing a better set of user interfaces for managing calendar events. Or if Evolution hackers are interested for 3.2, I could do a full UX review for the calendar. I’m still stuck with the deprecated Sunbird and I’d love to put it to rest (for various reasons) and be able to use Evolution’s calendar and benefit from the GNOME Shell integration that ensues.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your editors.
Latest posts by Jeff (see all)
- Painting two old friends—Tintin vs Sephiroth - June 11, 2017
- Defence against the Dark Arts involves controlling your hardware - March 18, 2017
- Reviewing the Librem 15 - January 10, 2017